Life is all about choices. And among the most important ones are those that “follow you” through life, day in and day out.
As a vegetarian, I choose to not eat meat, chicken or fish and limit my diet to one that is high in unprocessed high grains, protein and fiber. Whether you choose the vegetarian path, a vegan diet or prefer to eat meat and poultry, a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables should be the goal.
Trendy diets, fasting and consuming just one food for a period of time are techniques and fads that can be convincing and confusing. Just what is good nutrition? And what simple reminders can I follow for myself and my family?
Here are some of my personal suggestions;
• Eat five or more servings of fruit a day – preferably dark-skinned fruit for their antioxidant content
• Eat a wide variety of vegetables – locally grown when possible
• Avoid processed foods with refined sugars, preservatives and chemicals
• Stay away from fast food
• Don’t skip meals
• Remember the importance of drinking water
• To help reduce that craving for a late night, sweet snack, drink FruitFast Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate after dinner
Good eating and a balanced diet equals healthy living. It’s what we are all about at Brownwood Acres/ FruitFast with the quality products we offer. Add regular exercise and good sleep habits and it’s a formula that, over time, can make you look and feel better from the inside out.
Sensible living translates into eating well the majority of time, watching your intake and your output with exercise and using simple common sense choices.(0) Comments | Post a Comment